This position is to act as the financial manager for the American Institute of Pakistan Studies (AIPS). This position is responsible for managing internal controls and financial records in preparation for a single audit and to act as the liaison to auditors, the Pakistan-based financial staff, and other members of the AIPS leadership team. The position has oversight for the AIPS financial management, including external and internal audits, budget management and development, the annual budget exercise, assistance with the Treasurer’s report, financial reporting to federal agencies, as well as to the Board of Trustees and AIPS leadership. This position will be responsible for the integration of various grants, projects, and overseas partner accounting records into one online AIPS financial record. The position is also responsible for month-end and year-end close procedures for all funds, units, and cost centers in AIPS. A high level of financial management and system knowledge is required to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the financial records.
This position is responsible for adhering to AIPS accounting policy and procedures and to identify when rules, regulations, and procedures require updating. This position is required to use Quickbooks online accounting software and Excel for budget management.
This position is ultimately responsible and accountable for proper controls and accuracy in all financial matters of AIPS.
This position is located in Madison.
Guides financial and or accounting staff performing work in multiple finance functional areas and participates in day-to-day financial operations to ensure accuracy of financial transactions and reports, and/or supervises staff. Recommends and implements fiscal policies and advises on development of processes in support of efficient and compliant reporting.
- 30% Plans, directs, and engages in financial and/or accounting operations for multiple areas; coordinates data management, budget preparation and management, and financial reporting efforts
- 10% May exercise supervisory authority, including hiring, transferring, suspending, promoting, managing conduct and performance, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining, and/or approving hours worked of at least 2.0 FTE or equivalent employees
- 10% Identifies, verifies, and audits financial charges, credits, and authorizes payments
- 15% Recommends, interprets, disseminates, and implements unit-focused fiscal policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with established rule, regulations and financial guidelines
- 10% Participates in the development, maintenance, and monitoring of automated financial information systems
- 5% Analyzes financial information and makes recommendations to unit leadership
- 10% Serves as a subject matter expert to unit leadership regarding financial operations, status and reporting, and recommends process improvements
- 5% Collaborate with Pakistan-based financial staff and external financial firms to ensure compliance with AIPS accounting policies and procedures and for budget development
- 5% Other duties as assigned