This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Industry Arabic Scholarship (for Arabic studies only)
Industry Arabic is a translation company that focuses on providing services focusing on the Arabic language. They award scholarships of $2,000 to support tuition and living expenses for 1-2 students pursuing advanced, immersive Arabic study. They are looking to support the next generation of superior Arabic linguists regardless of field (linguistics, area studies, literature, anthropology, political science, etc).
- Limited to U.S citizens
- Students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program that incorporates advanced Arabic language skills. A major/concentration in Arabic in not necessary.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of practical skill as demonstrated in the sample translation, as well as overall academic merit.
The Houtan Scholarship (for Persian studies only)
The Houtan Scholarship awards one student $3500 towards a graduate school education for the selected applicant. The candidates for the award must demonstrate leadership ability and the desire to make a difference in the society where they reside. The Houtan Foundation has a strong interest in each of these students’ achievements throughout the scholarship period and beyond, as the foundation’s goal is to participate in each student’s success.
- Do you write, speak and read Parsi, at least at intermediate level?
- Can you demonstrate your active interest in the promotion of Persian Culture through formal documents?
- Are you attending a graduate school or have you received an admission to a graduate school?
- Have you been considered a distinguish student throughout your academic career?
If you answered yes all of these questions, you are eligible!
Gilman Scholarship (Applications Open Mid-January)
The Gilman Scholarship is a need-based program through the U.S. Department of State that’s designed to allow students who might not otherwise be able to study abroad the opportunity. You select the program you want to participate in, so there’s flexibility with regards to language and location. Scholarship winners come from all over the United States and travel all over the world.
Also, if you receive this scholarship, you’ll have a competitive advantage for certain federal jobs for the next 12 months by being allowed to apply for jobs only open to federal employees.
- United States citizen
- Undergraduate student in good standing at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States (including both two-year and four-year institutions)
- Receiving a Federal Pell Grant during the time of application or provide proof that they will be receiving a Pell Grant during the term of their study abroad program or internship
- In the process of applying to, or accepted to, a credit-bearing study abroad or internship program. Proof of program acceptance is required prior to award disbursement
- Applying for credit-bearing study abroad programs in a country or area with an overall Travel Advisory Level 1 or 2, according to the U.S. Department of State’s Travel Advisory System, or is on the list of approved Travel Advisory Level 3 countries/areas. However, certain locations within these countries or areas may be designated within the Travel Advisory as either “Do not travel to” (Level 4) or “Reconsider travel to” (Level 3) locations, as such; students will not be allowed to travel to these specific locations
- March 2023 Deadline application will open in mid-January 2023 for applicants whose in-person programs or internships start between May 1, 2023 to April 30, 2024
- Application deadline is March 7, 2023 at 11:59pm PT
- Advisor certification deadline is March 14, 2023
- Cycle includes Summer 2023, Fall 2023, Academic Year 2023-2024, and Spring 2024 programs or internships